Posted: 22.02.21 at 13:34 by Hannah Corfield
Honiton Town Council has agreed to lease its car park at the Beehive to East Devon District Council (EDDC) so that parking can be managed.
• Pay and display parking will be introduced
• Permits will be provided to the Honiton Community Complex
• Free parking for those displaying a disabled 'blue badge'
• A loading bay will be secured
• Electric vehicle charging points should be installed
• Coach parking continued
Chairman of the finance and policy committee, Cllr Philip Carrigan said: "This is welcome finalising the planned changes to the car park."
Councillor Paul Hayward, EDDC’s Deputy Leader and Portfolio Holder for Economy, Asset Management and Regeneration added: “I am delighted that successful negotiations between the councils have come to an end.
"As a result, the district council can now take over the operation of the Beehive car park as per the terms agreed for the mutual benefit of the Beehive, the town council and car park users alike.”
The next step will be to complete the lease agreements for the two councils to sign and for EDDC to set up the car park changes.