Posted: 16.10.20 at 09:02 by Hannah Corfield
Fire crews from Honiton and Ottery St Mary were tasked to a chimney fire at a holiday let on New Road in Upottery yesterday evening (Oct 15) at around 8pm.
A spokesperson for Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue said: "The fire was involving a wood burning stove in the timber framed holiday let and had spread to the roof void.
"Crews used two hose reel jets, one thermal imaging camera and small tools to extinguish the fire.
"The roof was ten per cent damaged by the fire."