Posted: 24.03.20 at 11:50 by Joseph Bulmer
Devon County Council has closed Sutton Barton Recycling Centre near Honiton after the Prime Minister’s announcement last night that the country is going into lock down.
All 19 of Devon County Council’s recycling centres have been closed until further notice effective immediately.
It follows the Prime Minister’s announcement on Monday night regarding the temporary restrictions on movement being put in place as a result of Covid-19.
During this time if you have waste you can:
• Use existing kerbside collection services for recycling any materials that can be accepted in that collection
• Home compost
• Leave grass cuttings on the lawn where they will mulch down to provide nutrients
• Hire a skip/Hippo bag or similar
• Avoid projects that generate waste (eg postpone clearing out your garage/shed or doing your garden make-over)
• Store your waste at home until the restrictions are lifted
Councillor Andrea Davis, Devon County Council’s Cabinet Member for Development, Infrastructure and Waste said: “Following the Prime Minister’s announcement being put in place we have had to close all our recycling centres.
“I apologise for the inconvenience this may cause but the regular kerbside waste and recycling collections provided by your local district, city or borough council will continue during this difficult time and I would suggest you check their websites for any changes.”
You can find the latest updates regarding our recycling services at Devon County Council’s waste and recycling webpage by clicking here.